We are committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of the personal Information submitted to us by
statement of the principles and guidelines we apply with respect to our clients' personal information.
By submitting personal information to our office, or to any of our associated staff, you agree that we may collect, use
You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our office. If you refuse or withdraw your consent,
we may not be able to provide, or continue to provide, our services to you.
We will rely, unless you specifically advise us to the contrary in writing at the time, upon your personal representation
that you have all necessary authority and/or have obtained all necessary consents to enable us to collect, use and
disclose any personal information of another individual which you may provide to us, for all purposes permitted by this
What Personal Information do we collect?
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
As financial service providers, we have a professional obligation to maintain in confidence information we
common law obligations to you.
In general, we collect, use and disclose Personal Information about you in order to provide you with mortgage
brokerage and related services. This will include some or all of the following purposes:
- Providing mortgage brokerage services to you and offering products and services best suited to your
needs, including arranging and/or renewing loan(s)/mortgage(s) and informing you of group creditor
insurance and other products offered or approved by us or by lenders or other parties with whom we
have business relationships and which may be of interest to you;
- Checking your credit-worthiness through credit bureau inquiries and personal information agents who
have information on your financial position;
- Advising you of your financial options, as well as ongoing developments within the mortgage market
- Auditing the services provided to our clients;
- Complying with all municipal, provincial, federal and other applicable laws;
- Any specific purposes which are communicated to you prior to the collection of such Personal
- Any other purpose to which you consent.
- Except when otherwise permitted by law, we will only use your Personal Information for the purposes
identified to you, either in this Policy or directly by our office or one of its affiliated brokerages. When
Personal Information is to be used for a purpose not identified, we will take all reasonable steps to
ensure that the new purpose is identified and consented to you prior to such use.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
Where do we store your Personal Information?
How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
How do we protect your Personal Information?
Copyright © 2006 SmartyMortgage.com