We are committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of the personal Information submitted to us by
statement of the principles and guidelines we apply with respect to our clients' personal information.
By submitting personal information to our office, or to any of our associated staff, you agree that we may collect, use
You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our office. If you refuse or withdraw your consent,
we may not be able to provide, or continue to provide, our services to you.
We will rely, unless you specifically advise us to the contrary in writing at the time, upon your personal representation
that you have all necessary authority and/or have obtained all necessary consents to enable us to collect, use and
disclose any personal information of another individual which you may provide to us, for all purposes permitted by this
What Personal Information do we collect?
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- prospective lenders, financial institutions, insurance companies and other suppliers of products or
services we is providing or offering to you;
- sub-mortgage brokers and other staff within our office and its affiliated brokerages for purposes related
to the services we are providing to you;
- service providers, including organizations or individuals we have retained to perform functions on our
behalf, such as office and registry services;
- organizations or individuals retained by us to evaluate your credit worthiness or to collect debts
outstanding on an account;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of our office, is providing or seeking the information as your
agent or who is otherwise legally entitled to receive that information;
- police or other authorities where in our opinion such disclosure is required for protection of the public
interest, including any case where we suspect criminal activity such as fraud or money laundering;
- any law firm(s) which may be retained to act on our behalf for any reason;
- our insurers and to regulatory agencies such as provincial financial institutions commissions or others in
connection with regulatory or other activities relating to our obligations and/or our mortgage brokerage
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or
permitted by law.
- As many of our dealings with lenders and other parties are conducted through electronic means of
communication, you specifically consent to our transmission of your Personal Information by electronic
means, including by email and facsimile transmission, for all purposes identified in this Policy or
otherwise consented to by you.
Where do we store your Personal Information?
How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
How do we protect your Personal Information?
Copyright © 2006 SmartyMortgage.com